shooting range rules
Cardinal Rules of Firearms Safety
- Treat all guns as if they were loaded at all times
- Always point the muzzle in a safe direction
- Keep your finger off the trigger and on the frame until you are on target and ready to fire
- Always be sure of your target
Please fully read, understand, and abide by each of the following shooting range rules:
- Eye and Ear protection must be worn at all times in the firing ranges.
- All Range Staff commands must be followed immediately. When hearing the command, “Cease fire”, immediately stop shooting, remove your finger from the trigger and place it on the frame. Keep the firearm pointed downrange and wait for further instruction.
- Customers are prohibited from removing a firearm from a holster or a case anywhere on Ultimate Defense property, with the exception of the firing lanes. Customers will not be allowed to handle their firearms outside of the shooting stalls. Customers handling their weapons where prohibited will immediately be asked to leave the property. This rule will be strictly enforced with absolutely no exceptions.
- If you wish to exit the stall but leave your firearm, the firearm must be left unloaded, pointed downrange and have a range supplied empty chamber indicator in place.
- All firearms must be kept pointed downrange when unholstered or uncased. FAILURE TO CONTROL MUZZLE DIRECTION WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL FROM THE FIRING RANGE.
- No food or drink permitted in the firing range bays. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere inside the Ultimate Defense Firing Range and Training Center.
- If you have a jammed or malfunctioning firearm, place the firearm on the bench with the muzzle pointed downrange before seeking assistance. DO NOT REMOVE THE FIREARM FROM THE SHOOTING STALL UNTIL RANGE STAFF HAS CLEARED THE WEAPON.
- Per Missouri state gun laws and regulations, patrons under the age of twenty-one (21), but at least thirteen (13) years of age, may shoot if accompanied by a person at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Members with an active military identification shall be exempt from the minimum age requirement of twenty-one (21).
- No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol is allowed on Ultimate Defense property.
- Tracer, armor piercing, steel core and military surplus ammunition is not allowed on the range. Verify that the ammunition you have is the correct ammunition for your firearm. Factory loaded ammunition is preferred. Hand loaded ammunition must adhere to manufacturer specifications. Range Staff has the right to inspect and prohibit any ammunition they deem as inappropriate for the firing range.
- Only ammunition purchased from Ultimate Defense will be allowed for use in rental weapons.
- A maximum of two people may share one firing lane.
No one is permitted forward of the firing line for any reason unless under direct authorization from Range Staff. Brass falling forward of the firing line will not be allowed to be recovered. Other items, (magazines, ammunition, etc.) that fall forward of the firing line will remain where they fell until Range Staff is able to create a safe condition to retrieve the item(s).
- Firing at anything other than your own target is prohibited. Firing a shot that results in damage to the range or range equipment may result in a repair fee and your dismissal from the range.
- Do not hand a loaded firearm to another person. Place the firearm on the shooting bench and allow the other person to pick up the firearm from the bench.
Only one loaded firearm per stall is allowed at any time. Multiple weapons are allowed, but weapons not currently in use must be positioned on the shooting stall bench pointed downrange, unloaded and have a range supplied empty chamber indicator in place.
- Use appropriately sized targets, placed at eye level, to ensure that your shots strike the backstop and not the floor, ceiling or target carrier. Range Staff has the right to prohibit any targets they deem unsafe or offensive.
- Drawing from a holster is prohibited unless with permission from, and under the supervision of, Range Staff.
- Firearms approved for range usage are handguns up to .50 caliber, rifles up to .223 caliber and shotguns with slugs. No pistol grip only shotguns, firing from the hip, or multi-projectile ammunition (birdshot) will be permitted.
- Ultimate Defense does not allow any fully automatic weapons. Suppressed (“Silenced”) are allowed.
- Report all violations of range rules to Range Staff.
- Be sure your firearm is safe to operate and know how to use it safely. Please see Range Staff in you have any questions.
Ultimate Defense reserves the right to refuse service to any individual who we believe would endanger patrons or staff. Any unsafe conduct may result in immediate dismissal from the range.
shooting range rules, firearms safety, shooting range rules, firearms safety