frequently asked questions
Q: For a Family Membership, what constitutes a “Family”?
The Family Membership covers up to 4 individuals of the same immediate family all living at the same residence.
Q: Is there a minimum age to shoot on the range?
Age requirements are (13) years of age, if accompanied by a person at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Members with an active military identification shall be exempt from the minimum age requirement of twenty-one (21).
- Reciprocity: Missouri’s permit is recognized by 36 other states
- Knowledge: Training covers state specific use of force guidelines, regulations, rights, responsibilities and legal boundaries.
- Access: In some cases, permits allow for carry that constitutional carry does not.
- Legal: Violations of permitted carry are infractions, violations of constitutional carry are criminal violations and can be Unlawful Use of Weapons.
- Law Enforcement Contacts: Having a permit may streamline contacts with police.
Q: What are Missouri’s requirements for obtaining a Certificate of Qualification?
- Be at least 19 years of age, 18 in the military
- Be a citizen of the United States, a Missouri resident or stationed in Missouri
- Not have been found guilty of any felony offense.
- Not have been found guilty in the five years preceding the application, of a misdemeanor involving a crime of violence or two misdemeanors involving either alcohol related driving offenses or possession of a controlled substance.
- Not be a fugitive from justice.
- Not currently be charged with a felony offense.
- Not be dishonorably discharged from the armed forces.
- Not have engaged in a pattern of behavior, documented in public record, that causes the sheriff to have reasonable belief that the applicant presents a danger to themselves or others.
- Not have been adjudged mentally incompetent or released from a mental health facility for five years prior to the application.
- Not be the respondent in a valid full order of protection currently in effect.
- Be fingerprinted & clear a criminal background check by the State and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Comply with the training requirements of the bill.
The B-27 silhouette target is distanced at seven (7) yards. There will be a total of 50 rounds fired – thirty (30) practice rounds and twenty (20) qualification rounds. A minimum of 15 of the 20 rounds must be in the silhouette of the B27 to qualify.
Q: Do I have to exclusively carry the weapon I bring to the concealed carry course?